March Athletic Club was formed on Monday 24th May 1976.
The venue has changed several times over the years.
In 1976 the club was mostly a Junior club with 70 children and about six adults. After the first London Marathon in 1981 the running boom took off and more adults were taking part in longer distances. By 1989 membership had reached 25 adult male and eight adult female runners.
Below are dates of different stages of the development of the club:
- May to July 1976 - The Hereward School
- July 1976 to 1983 - Estover Playing Field
- 1983 to 1993 - Neale Wade Community College
- 1993 to 2003 - Braza Sports Field. During this period the named changed to March Braza AC
- 2003 to 2009 - Estover Playing Field
- October 2009 - Elm Road Sports field under the heading of Elm Road Sports Field Association – sharing the facilities with football and rugby